Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

32 weeks pregnant baby measuring small



I am 32 weeks pregnant and I have passed my goal of making past when Miller was born of 31 weeks 3 days! I was super excited until I had my appointment with the high risk doctor. Baby Angus is measuring very tiny. His head and limbs seem to be average but his abdomen is only in the 7th percentile.

I was confused when I first heard, I'm not a tiny person by any means and I have been on disability since my 17th week of pregnancy so it's not like I'm super active. They advised me to up my protein and calorie intake do little to no movement except walking around the house, eat 6 meals a day, and lay on my side most of the day. I can't completely be on bedrest because of my blood clotting disorder so I just have to find a balance.

The next day I went to my OB still saddened and confused by why my baby is so tiny. She said that when just the babies abdomen is small, there body is compensating for not getting enough nutrition so it works hard to keep the brain an average size. This could be because of either malnutrition or my placenta isn't working properly. I have gained 23 lbs this pregnancy so I highly doubt it is malnutrition, but the other option seems a lot more scary. Maybe my APS is messing up blood flow to my placenta? I go back to the doctor on July 1st to see if the baby has progressed, if not they may have to take the baby out because he would grow better outside my womb. It is heartbreaking knowing that my body just can't do its job. 

On a better note, we got to take a 3d ultrasound of our little guy and he looks like a handsome fellow already. My heart is getting bigger everyday with all the love I feel. 


This is a picture side by side if Miller and Angus at the same gestational age, one outside the womb, one inside:)


No comments:

Post a Comment